Medical Mutual Dart Frog Dash
Location: Main Plaza
From: May 16, 2015 at 7:00am to: 11:00am
Details: Don't miss our 5K race/walk and the 1K race for kids 12 and under
5K RACE – 5K WALK – 1K KIDS FUN RUN at the Toledo Zoo
Saturday, May 16, 2015
5K race/walk at 8:30 a.m.
1K kids’ race at 9:45 a.m.
Strollers are welcome in any of the events
Packet Pick-up Sponsor:
In addition, Dave’s Running Shop will also assist you in getting in shape for Dart Frog Dash. For more information on Dave’s Running Shop Wednesday Night Run/Walk Group log on to http://www.davesrunning.com.
Help us raise funds to purchase an amazing owl
Photo by Jamie Pham, Los Angeles Zoo
The Toledo Zoo’s live bird shows have become a very popular experience. To make the bird shows even more fascinating we need your help to acquire an amazing Eurasian Eagle Owl—the largest owl species on the planet! Dart Frog Dash participants are being invited to help us with the great oportunity to acquire our own Eurasian Eagle Owl. After you register for Dart Frog Dash, you will have your very own Dart Frog Dash web page to share with others. We will send you a confirmation e-mail with a link to your own web page. You can then use your link to recruit others to make donations on your behalf. Recruiting others to donate on your behalf is not a requirement of participating in Dart Frog Dash, but individual top performers will win fantastic Zoo prizes (see below). It’s an easy way to get others involved and to be part of a great cause! Donations for the Eurasian Eagle Owl are 100% tax deductible.
Photos by Mark Dumont(L) and Kathy Newton(R), Cincinnati Zoo.
*Please note: Donations will be only be counted toward an individual’s totals if the donations are received before midnight on Sunday, May 10, 2015
Prizes for Individual Top Performers in the Eurasian Eagle Owl Fund Raiser
Each individual Dart Frog Dash participant has an opportunity to be a top performer. Each individual who raises funds will be eligible for the following great prizes:
$50 in donations:
Passes for multiple rides during any Zoo visit
$150 in donations:
Toledo Zoo Family Membership – new or renewal for 12 months beyond current expiration date.
$250 in donations:
Zoo PAL adoption for one year. You will help provide food and medical care for the animal of your choice on our preselected adoption list. Your Zoo PAL package will include name recognition on the Zoo PAL adoption board in the Zoo’s Main Plaza and an invitation to events available only to our Zoo PALs.
$500 in donations:
Up to four guests are invited to join one of our pre-scheduled Behind the Scenes tours of Polar Bear/Arctic Encounter or the elephant barn (children must be at least five years old to participate). Families with children under five could choose to tour the Education Animal Center and Nature’s Neighborhood. Tours are available from Memorial Day through Labor Day only. There are no feeding opportunities available on these tours. Tours last between 30 and 50 minutes.
$1,000 in donations:
Exclusive Behind the Scenes tour of one of five available areas for up to four people (for everyone’s safety, children must be at least 5 years old to participate in the tours). Tours include hippos, rhinos, penguins, the Veterinary Hospital or the giraffe barn. These tours will include a cd of photographs from your personalized tour.
$2,500 in donations:
Be A Keeper for a Day - shadow a keeper from one of five preselected animal areas for a day. Find out what they do on a daily basis to keep our residents happy, healthy and most importantly, wild!
See how fun Dart Frog Dash is….
All participants must park in the Anthony Wayne Trail parking lot and enter the Zoo through the gates at the main entrance. Participants will then proceed to the Toledo Zoo’s Main Plaza prior to race time. Click here for maps and detailed driving directions to the Zoo.
A majority of the 5K course is plotted on residential streets surrounding the Toledo Zoo. The course for the Kids’ 1K Fun Run is set up entirely inside of Zoo grounds.
Course Map for the 5K race / walk
Course Map for the Kids’ 1K race
• Courses are accurately measured. Mile splits are marked.
• The 5K race timing and scoring will be by disposable timing chips provided by Everal Race Management!
• The 5K race course is certified by USTAF
Awards for the 5K run
• Trophy and free Zoo membership to overall top three male/female, overall master (40+) male/female in the 5K.
• Age group awards (at least three deep) male and female 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
• Note: The 5K walk and Kids Run are non-competitive, not timed, and do not include any awards.
1K Kids’ Run
• Participants race in the following age categories: 0-4, 5-8, 9-12
• All participants will receive a finishers’ ribbon
Shirts and refreshments
• All participants preregistered by early registration deadline (May 10) will receive a Toledo Zoo Dart Frog Dash t-shirt
• A limited number of shirts will be available at late registration (May 13 and May 14)
• After both events, snacks, fruit, and water will be provided beyond the finish line in the Main Plaza
• One water station will be provided on the 5K course
Entry Fees and Registration Deadlines
All Zoo members receive $1.00 off the registration fee for each participant registered.
• Preregistered entrants must be postmarked or registered online by Sunday, May 10, 2015: $23.00.
• Late registration; $25.00 (shirt not guaranteed); Online late registration or postmarked no later than noon on Tuesday, May 12, 2015.
• Race day registration: $29.00 (shirt not guaranteed).
• Preregistered entrants must be postmarked or registered online by Sunday, May 10, 2015: $9.00 (includes shirt).
• Late registration: $9.00 (shirt not guaranteed); online submission or postmarked no later than noon on Tuesday, May 12, 2015.
• Race day registration: $9.00 with shirt (if available); $5.00 without shirt
General Registration Information for all participants
• The link to register online will be provided here soon
• Fees payable to the Toledo Zoo. If not registering online, mail payment and a signed registration form to: Toledo Zoo P.O. Box 140130, Toledo, OH 43614. Click here to download the printable form to fill out and send to the Zoo
• Participants registered by May 12 at noon are provided advance packet pick up at Dave’s Running Shop in Starlite Plaza, 5700 Monroe Street, Sylvania, OH on Wednesday May 13 and Thursday May 14 from 3-8 p.m. ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS. While you are at packet pickup, be sure to check out Dave’s Running Shop.
• Participants can also pick up race packets on the day of the event starting at 7am in the Zoo’s Main Plaza. Please note: If you prefer to pick up your packet at the zoo on race day it is highly recommended that you arrive as early as possible.