Medical Mutual Dart Frog Dash
Location: Main Plaza
From: May 17, 2014 at 7:00am to: 11:00am
Details: Don't miss our 5K race/walk and the 1K race for kids 12 and under
5K RACE – 5K WALK – 1K KIDS FUN RUN at the Toledo Zoo
Saturday, May 17, 2014
5K race/walk at 8:30 a.m.
1K kids’ race at 9:45 a.m.
Packet Pick-up Sponsor:
In addition, Dave’s Running Shop will also assist you in getting in shape for Dart Frog Dash. For more information on Dave’s Running Shop Wednesday Night Run/Walk Group log on to http://www.davesrunning.com.
New in 2014!
Build a Dart Frog Dash team!
We now have a new registration process that allows participants to sign up as individuals or to build their very own Dart Frog Dash team! Anyone who registers two or more people will become a Dart Frog Dash team with an official team name of your choice, a designated team captain, and the opportunity to invite others to join your team or to make donations on behalf of your team! This is a new, fun way to get together as a unified group at Dart Frog Dash with your family, friends, co-workers, classmates, or anyone else you want on your team!
Help the Zoo Raise Funds to Buy Fish for the Aquarium!
Everyone is excited about the Toledo Zoo’s Aquarium re-opening in May of 2015, and Dart Frog Dash participants are being given a unique opportunity to be a big part of the Aquarium’s success. After you register for Dart Frog Dash as an individual or a team, you will have your very own Dart Frog Dash web page to share with others. We will send you a confirmation e-mail with a link to your own web page. You can then use your link to recruit others to make donations on your behalf. Recruiting others to donate on your behalf is not a requirement of participating in Dart Frog Dash, but individual top performers will win fantastic Zoo prizes (see below). It’s an easy way to get others involved and to be part of a great cause! Donations for our Aquarium fish purchases are 100% tax deductible.
*Please note: Donations will be only be counted toward an individual’s totals if the donations are received before midnight on Sunday, May 11, 2014
Make a Donation
Good news! All donations made for our Aquarium fish purchases are 100% tax deductible. Are you submitting a donation on behalf of a Dart Frog Dash participant and trying to find them on our web site? Click here to conduct a search for the participant or team you are looking for. You can also contact the person directly and they can provide you with a link to their own Dart Frog Dash web page where you can proceed with your donation. The Toledo Zoo thanks you for your generosity!
Prizes for Individual Top Performers in the Aquarium Fund Raiser
Each individual Dart Frog Dash participant has an opportunity to be a top performer, whether they are pariticipating as an individual or as part of a Dart Frog Dash team. Each individual who raises funds will be eligible for the following great prizes:
$50 in donations:
Passes for multiple rides during any Zoo visit (promoted to be used during their visit the day of DFD or any future visit. All spectators and registrants may stay at the Zoo on the day of the race with no additional admission or parking charges).
$150 in donations:
Toledo Zoo Family Membership – new or renewal for 12 months beyond current expiration date.
$250 in donations:
Zoo PAL adoption for one year. You will help provide food and medical care for the animal of your choice on our preselected adoption list. Your Zoo PAL package will include name recognition on the Zoo PAL adoption board in the Zoo’s Main Plaza and an invitation to an exclusive viewing of Penguin Beach in 2014 and the Aquarium opening in 2015 at events available only to our Zoo PALs.
$500 in donations:
Up to four guests are invited to join one of our pre-scheduled Behind the Scenes tours of Polar Bear/Arctic Encounter or the elephant barn (children must be at least five years old to participate). Families with children under five could choose to tour the Education Animal Center and Nature’s Neighborhood. Tours are available from Memorial Day through Labor Day only. There are no feeding opportunities available on these tours. Tours last between 30 and 50 minutes.
$1,000 in donations:
Exclusive Behind the Scenes tour of one of five available areas for up to four people (for everyone’s safety, children must be at least 5 years old to participate in the tours). Tours include hippos, rhinos, penguins, the Veterinary Hospital or the giraffe barn. These tours will include a cd of photographs from your personalized tour.
$2,500 in donations:
Be A Keeper for a Day - shadow a keeper from one of five preselected animal areas for a day. Find out what they do on a daily basis to keep our residents happy, healthy and most importantly, wild!
Recognition for Top Three Performers
Our top three individual performers and our top three performing teams will each be recognized with their own penguin plaque to be displayed at Penguin Beach, the brand new penguin exhibit opening in May of 2014.
See how fun Dart Frog Dash is….
All participants must park in the Anthony Wayne Trail parking lot and enter the Zoo through the gates at the main entrance. Participants will then proceed to the Toledo Zoo’s Main Plaza prior to race time. Click here for maps and detailed driving directions to the Zoo.
A majority of the 5K course is plotted on residential streets surrounding the Toledo Zoo. The course for the Kids’ 1K Fun Run is set up entirely inside of Zoo grounds.
Course Map for the 5K race / walk
Course Map for the Kids’ 1K race
• Courses are accurately measured. Mile splits are marked.
• The 5K race timing and scoring will be by disposable timing chips provided by Everal Race Management!
• The 5K race course is certified by USTAF
Awards for the 5K run
• Trophy and free Zoo membership to overall top three male/female, overall master (40+) male/female in the 5K.
• Age group awards (at least three deep) male and female 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
• Note: The 5K walk and Kids Run are non-competitive, not timed, and do not include any awards.
1K Kids’ Run
• Participants race in the following age categories: 0-4, 5-8, 9-12
• All participants will receive a finishers’ ribbon
Shirts and refreshments
• All participants preregistered by early registration deadline (May 11) will receive a Toledo Zoo Dart Frog Dash t-shirt
• A limited number of shirts will be available at late registration (May 14 and May 15)
• After both events, snacks, fruit, sports drinks and water will be provided beyond the finish line in the Main Plaza
• One water station will be provided on the 5K course
Entry Fees and Registration Deadlines
All Zoo members receive $1.00 off the registration fee for each participant registered.
• Preregistered entrants must be postmarked or registered online by Sunday, May 11, 2014: $21.00.
• Late registration; $24.00 (shirt not guaranteed); Online late registration or postmarked no later than noon on Tuesday, May 13, 2014.
• Race day registration: $29.00 (shirt not guaranteed).
• Preregistered entrants must be postmarked or registered online by Sunday, May 11, 2014: $9.00 (includes shirt).
• Late registration: $9.00 (shirt not guaranteed); online submission or postmarked no later than noon on Tuesday, May 13, 2014.
• Race day registration: $9.00 with shirt (if available); $5.00 without shirt
General Registration Information for all participants
• The link to register online is provided below
• Fees payable to the Toledo Zoo. If not registering online, mail payment and a signed registration form to: Toledo Zoo P.O. Box 140130, Toledo, OH 43614. Click here to download the printable form to fill out and send to the Zoo
• Participants registered by May 13 provided advance packet pick up at Dave’s Running Shop in Starlite Plaza, 5700 Monroe Street, Sylvania, OH on Wednesday May 14 and Thursday May 15 from 3-8 p.m. ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS. While you are at packet pickup, be sure to check out Dave’s Running Shop.