The Toledo Zoo Education Department has programs designed to provide students with a GREAT learning experience, and they will help teachers as they will all be matched to Ohio proficiency standards.
Please view our Outreach Program Topics for program possibilities at the Zoo.
Call (419) 385-5721 ext. 2042 to register, Monday through Friday 8:00a.m.- 5:00p.m. Register early, these dates fill up fast!
Please register your school group with our Visitor Services Department - this ensures a group rate admission into the Zoo! They can be reached at (419) 385-5721 ext. 3122.
Programs are offered from 10:30-3:00p.m. Monday through Friday. Programs are free for schools within Lucas County. For schools outside of Lucas County, programs are $25 for the first program and $20 for each additional program.
When scheduling your program, please have the following information ready:
• Contact person’s name
• Address and telephone number of school or contact person
• Program or service you are requesting
• Date and time desired
Programs must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance, but we recommend scheduling your EdZOOcation program as far in advance as possible.
• Please be on time for your program. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your program will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
• Please call if for any reason you are unable to keep your scheduled program time. A fee of $10.00 will be charged to any group that cancels a program fewer than five school days before the scheduled date or fails to attend the scheduled program. (exceptions include school closings or delays due to inclement weather and other emergencies beyond the control of the teacher.)
• We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule a program due to staff illness or inclement weather.