- Get Involved
Let the Zoo Make Your Wedding Perfect!
We have it all!
Let the Toledo Zoo help with your special day! We have several classy and unique venues that are perfect for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, or bridal showers. Whether your wedding is small and intimate or a large event with hundreds of guests, we can accommodate you in style! Our chef and catering staff serve up excellent meals, and our bakery can create your dream wedding cake that will dazzle your guests.
To learn more, read the information below or see for yourself in our wedding gallery! To contact us with wedding related questions please call our Group Sales department at 419-385-5721, X6001.
Our excellent wedding services were featured on Wedding Wire and the Knot!
The Toledo Zoo was also awarded by The Knot and Wedding Wire in 2012
Entertain the bride-to-be and her guests by planning a fun-filled bridal shower right here at the Zoo! Contact us and we’ll work with you to choose the right facility and dining options.
Find out how we can add a neat experience to the festivities surrounding your big day. Treat your local friends and family while dazzling your out-of-town visitors with a dinner experience they’ve never imagined! Open the Wedding Menu.
Our Formal Gardens are the perfect setting for a graceful wedding in the spring or summer. The lush fragrances of exotic plants and fragrant flowers in bloom adds a sweet, romantic touch to your special day! View our Weddings gallery to see photos from weddings at the Formal Gardens.
Choose the venue that best suits your needs and then you can sit back and enjoy an evening of excellent food and service from our professional chef and dedicated catering staff. Open the Wedding Menu. You can also view our Weddings gallery to see some of our facilities set up for elegant receptions.
The Timberline Bakery is the source of The Toledo Zoo’s creative cakes and baked goods. Let our bakers work their magic for you and your guests. Impressive designs…incredible taste…it’s all right here! Click here to learn more.
2010 winner for "Knot Picks - The Best of Weddings."
Can’t think of a fun or exciting favor? Don’t want to bother with candies or chocolates? Your guests will love the sophisticated design of our animal-specific reception cards which can be customized with your name and wedding date. You would also be making a difference in the natural world as your tax-deductible donation goes directly to our Conservation Today program. Click here to see samples of our wedding favor cards.
We are proud of our excellent service and we hope that you will take some time to read what our previous customers had to say about us!
- From beginning to end my husband and I were extremely pleased with our Toledo Zoo reception and wedding, both from the very reasonable pricing and the quality of the services provided. We have only good things to say about the food, staff, atmosphere, and every detail in between. Our only mishap during the wedding was the flowers in which I attempted to do myself and failed. The flowers arrived at the reception hall by our groomsmen - dead! The Toledo Zoo stepped up immediately and somehow in a matter of hours created a masterpiece of bouquets and centerpieces at a reasonable price. One of the zoo employees actually volunteered her own flower garden at home to be used just so that our wedding wouldn’t be ruined. The flowers did however come from a local flower shop and they were gorgeous! That’s just one example of many on how the Toledo Zoo staff makes your wedding their top priority so that it’s as perfect as you imagine it to be. Having our rehearsal and wedding at the Toledo Zoo was the best decision we made and something we can relive in our photographs and videos throughout our lifetime. Now whenever we return to the zoo we always go to the garden and stand in our same spots and relieve our first kiss with my husband dipping me and all. —
Abby and Carl H.
- It was beyond our expectations! Nancy & Colleen helped us every step of the way (we live in Chicago). They are fabulous. You are fortunate to have such a great staff. The staff who helped at the dinner were wonderful. Couldn’t be happier with the whole experience.
- Colleen and Sarah (the wedding cooridnator) did a WONDERFUL job helping us with everything. We continue to rave about our experience and how great it was
- Everything was amazing! The food was great and the special menu that was created for our rehearsal dinner was awesome! The staff went above and beyond any and all expectations! Our guests and us were more that pleased!!
- The staff, especially the bartender working our dinner, were all very nice and helpful. One of my guests even commented that it was hard to tell if the bartender was a worker or friend she was so nice and made conversation with everyone. It was a wonderful night and was set-up as well as executed beautifully. A huge thank you to everyone that was involved!!
- Planning my wedding reception at the Toledo Zoo was an absolute delight from start to finish! The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable and went to great lengths to make sure our special day was everything we wanted it to be. When unexpected cold weather threatened to ruin the evening, the staff made sure guests were kept warm and provided complimentary hot chocolate. Furthermore, the guests raved that the food was better than any they’d had at a wedding. It was such a wonderful day and one that our guests, my husband, and I will remember with joy and happiness for years to come!—
- Our experience with the Zoo exceeded all our expectations. The staff was fantastic as they went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs and the needs of our guests were met. Our guests were amazed how well the Toledo Zoo put on our wedding and they enjoyed the experience.