- Get Involved
Toledo Zoo members
Admission and parking are free for all Toledo Zoo members but please have a second form of ID ready to present at the gate with your Membership card.
Please note: Membership must be current upon arrival at the Zoo—lapsed members will be charged standard rates for parking and admission, and these fees are non-refundable.
Learn how you can save with a Zoo Membership or visit our FAQ section for detailed information
Lucas County residents
• every day, Lucas County residents receive $2 off all regular admission rates with valid ID.
• Lucas County residents with valid ID are admitted for free every Monday between 10 am and 12 pm (except Monday holidays or Mondays when the Zoo is closed). To get the free Monday admission, Lucas County residents need to check in at the admission booths and receive a ticket for entry before 12 p.m.
• free Mondays do not apply to Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, or Veteran’s Day.
• Lucas county residents are admitted free during the following times:
- Martin Luther King Jr weekend (includes Saturday, Sunday and the Monday holiday)
- Presidents’ Day weekend (includes Saturday, Sunday and the Monday holiday)
- December 24 from 10 am until the Zoo closes at 2 pm.
- December 31 (New Year’s Eve/regular daytime hours)
• Lucas county residents get discounted Toledo Zoo memberships (non-Lucas County residents pay higher, standard rates).
Save $1 off of each ticket when you purchase online (this applies to tickets for both Lucas County residents and non-Lucas County residents). Please note: School groups, members at reciprocal zoos, active and retired military, and pre-registered groups of 20 or more guests qualify for even higher discount rates on admission to the Toledo Zoo, but online tickets are not available for these groups at this time. Order your tickets online here.
Specially marked pop/soda cans
• starting in early to mid June and running through October 31, 2013, specially marked cans of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew offer a free child’s ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket at regular price
• starting in mid-November and running through December 31, 2013, specially marked cans of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi offer a free child’s Lights Before Christmas ticket with the purchase of an adult Lights Before Christmas ticket at regular price. (Offer is valid Monday through Thursday)
• to receive this discount (limit 1 free child per can), you need to present the can at the admission gates
Recycled cell phones
• recycle your used cell phone to the Zoo’s Visitor Services lobby (by the main Anthony Wayne Trail entrance) and get a free child’s ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket at regular price
• this offer is valid from March 1 through October 31, 2013
Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day
• when accompanied by at least one child, mothers are admitted free to the Zoo on Mother’s Day (May)
• when accompanied by at least one child, fathers are admitted free to the Zoo on Father’s Day (June)
• when accompanied by at least one child, grandparents are admitted free to the Zoo on Grandparent’s Day (September)
Seniors (age 60+)
• September and October feature Senior Discovery Days, just for seniors— learn more here.
• on Tuesdays in September and October, seniors (age 60+) get free admission and free parking in the Zoo’s Anthony Wayne Trail lot
• on weekdays (Mon-Fri) in September and October, seniors (age 60+) get:
• free parking in the Zoo’s Anthony Wayne Trail lot
• a free 8-oz coffee and mini-muffin at the Zoo’s North Star Trading Post®
• $5 off Toledo Zoo memberships
• 20% discount on items purchased in the Zoo’s North Star Trading Post®
• caregivers who are directly responsible for assisting seniors during Senior Discovery Days and Senior Safari are eligible for free Zoo admission. Please preregister with the Zoo’s Visitor Services Department by calling 419.385.5721, ext. 6003 before your visit (please note that this offer only applies to professional caregivers; regular admission rates will apply for volunteers and relatives of visiting seniors).
School groups receive discounted rates. Details: Learn more about our school group offers and instructions.
Members from reciprocal zoos
If you are visiting the Toledo Zoo as a member from a reciprocal zoo, you receive 50% discounted admission. *Not applicable November through February when half-price daytime admission rates are in effect, or for special events such as Lights Before Christmas. Admission to the Toledo Zoo does not include any additional guest privileges that may be offered at your home zoo. If you have any questions regarding our reciprocal zoo policy, please contact the Toledo Zoo’s Membership Department at 419.385.5721, extension 6002. Click here for a current list of participating reciprocal zoos.
Active military personnel and retired veterans, show your military ID at the admission gate and receive free admission. Immediate family members are eligible for the group rate discount. For family members of military personnel who are currently serving, please show your dependent card at the admission gate to be eligible for the group rate.
At our Day of Honor each September, we offer free admission for all police, firefighters, EMTs and military personnel when they show their professional ID.
*Please note: Group rates are only applicable for visits scheduled March through October
Discounted admission rates are available for groups of 20 or more; children under age 2 are admitted for FREE
Group rates with advance notice:
$12 for adults, $9 for children (age 2 - 11) and seniors (60+)
Rates for groups of 20 or more paying guests who did not register in advance:
$13 for adults, $10 for children (age 2 - 11) and seniors (60+)
Lucas County residents may purchase admission at the discounted rate of $12 per adult, and $9 for children 2 to 11 and seniors (60+).
We also work with motorcoach tour groups.
Advance group tickets—consignment ONLY
$11 for adults, $8 for children (age 2 - 11) and seniors (60+)
To receive any of the group rates, call 419.385.5721, extension 6001, Monday through Friday between 8 am and 5 pm.
After registering your group, we email you a confirmation which you should print and bring with you to the main gate. At that time you’ll give your final ticket counts and pay for the order in one transaction. Parking is not discounted nor included with the group ticket order, and parking must be paid to the parking booth upon entering the lot.