The Zoo PAL program is generously sponsored by:
Become a Zoo PAL sponsor!
Check out our Zoo PAL promotion packages below or choose your own animal! Anyone can individually sponsor an animal, or you may be part of a business, scout troop, school class or civic organization that develops that parental bond with an animal you choose. We have several donation levels and benefits options for you to choose from (See the ‘Donation Structure’ section below).
Current Zoo PAL promotions
Haul out the holly and help our red and green animals celebrate their first holiday season at the Toledo Zoo with a Zoo PAL adoption. This year is very special for our new Zoo residents, baby orangutan, Wakil, our cold weather-loving red pandas, Leela, Maiya and Willa and our rescued green sea turtle, Tink!
When you enroll someone special in the Zoo PAL animal sponsorship program for the Holiday Promotion, for just $45 you receive an exciting gift package. It includes an adorable plush animal, a frame-worthy certificate with embedded photo of your chosen animal, and the opportunity to meet some of the staff and volunteers who take care of the animals at the Zoo at our annual Zoo PAL Night. Your one-of-a-kind gift also helps in the care and feeding of these animals. Donations of $100 or more, $200 or more, and $500 or more also receive the added benefits described in the Donation Structure section below. Click here to take advantage of this offer and enroll online for this special promotion today.
Devils and bats, oh my!
Enroll as a Zoo PAL for the Tasmanian devils or the vampire bat. For just $45 you receive an exciting gift package. It includes an adorable plush animal, a frame-worthy certificate with embedded photo of your chosen animal, and the opportunity to meet some of the staff and volunteers who take care of the animals at the Zoo at our annual Zoo PAL Night. Your one-of-a-kind gift also helps in the care and feeding of the aquarium animals. Donations of $100 or more, $200 or more, and $500 or more also receive the added benefits described in the Donation Structure section below. Click here to take advantage of this offer and enroll online for this special promotion today.
Choose your own animal!
IMPORTANT TIP FOR ONLINE ZOO PAL ENROLLMENTS:
Please select a category below to browse through photos to help you choose the Zoo PAL animal that you would like to sponsor. You will need to know the animal’s specific name as you will be asked to enter it when placing your order in our new online store. For example: if you only type ‘bird’ there are several birds available for adoption and the store cannot determine which bird you want and therefore your order will not be processed. However, if you type ‘Caribbean Flamingo’ then we know exactly what animal you want to adopt! We recommend that when you see the animal you want to sponsor, copy its name so you can paste it in our store when you are asked for the animal’s name. If you have any problems during the process, please contact the Zoo at 419.385.5721, ext. 2068.
Enroll by mail or phone
• Click here to download an enrollment form you can fill out and mail to us with the donation amount of your choice.
• You can also enroll by phone at 419.385.5721, ext. 2068, or pick up a Zoo PAL brochure in the Visitor Services lobby, at the Membership Sales window (Anthony Wayne Trail entry plaza), or in the Administrative Offices in the Museum of Science.
Zoo PAL Donation Structure
Premiums and recognition for Zoo PAL sponsors
Premiums are the thank-you gifts we send to you. They include items such as a Zoo PAL certificate (certificates include a photo of your Zoo PAL animal), decal or plush animal. If you prefer, you can decline the premiums and allocate all funds to your designated animal.
• The minimum donation amount is $20
• All sponsors are acknowledged on the Zoo PAL recognition board located in the Zoo’s main plaza, near Cheetah Valley.
• All sponsors are invited to visit their animal at a special Zoo PAL Night. Click here to see the fun!
• Sponsors who donate $100 or more are also invited to our annual Zoo Donor Breakfast.
• Sponsors who donate $200 or more have their names listed on a special plaque at their animal’s exhibit for one year and and are invited to our annual Lights Before Christmas Donor Party
• Donors contributing $500 or more are also invited to attend their choice of Zoo Donor Tours. Click here to learn more about Zoo Donor Tours where you can encounter Zoo animals up close, visit behind-the-scenes locations, and meet Zoo staff members!
The Toledo Zoo is recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau