- Get Involved
Thinking about becoming a Zoo PAL sponsor?
The Zoo PAL Program shares with you the joys of of “animal parenthood”—without the work. Become personally involved in the care and feeding of an elephant, gorilla, lion, penguin, iguana or even a naked mole rat — whichever animal best suits your fancy and your budget.
You can individually sponsor an animal, or you may be part of a business, scout troop, school class or civic organization that develops that parental bond with an animal you choose, from meerkats, hippos and king cobras to bald eagles,snow leopards and polar bears. You are also welcome to contribute smaller donations to any animal’s “food fund,” starting at $20. Additional benefits are included for donations at $100 or more, $200 or more, and $500 or more (see Donation Structure section below).
How do I become a Zoo PAL sponsor?
Choose from several options:
Polar Bear Cubs Promotion
To celebrate the birth of our twin polar bear cubs, the Toledo Zoo is offering a promo that is twice the fun!
When you enroll someone special in the Zoo PAL animal sponsorship program for the polar bear cubs, for just $40 you receive an exciting gift package. It includes an adorable plush polar bear, a frame-worthy certificate with embedded photo of the cubs with their mother, and the opportunity to meet some of the staff and volunteers who take care of the animals at the Zoo at our annual Zoo PAL Night. Your one-of-a-kind gift also helps in the care and feeding of these precious cubs. Donations of $100 or more, $200 or more, and $500 or more also receive the added benefits described in the Donation Structure section below. Click here to take advantage of this offer and enroll online for the Polar Bear Cubs Promotion today.
Check out our Spring Zoo PAL Promotion
Celebrate Spring with your family and friends by enrolling as a Zoo PAL for the polar bear, seal, snow leopard or tiger.
When you enroll the animal lover in your life through our Spring Zoo PAL promotion, for just $40, he or she receives a Zoo PAL packet complete with a certificate of sponsorship; Zoo PAL pin; Zoo PAL decal; polar bear, seal, snow leopard or tiger plush toy; name listing on the Zoo PAL Recognition Board for one year; and an invitation to our annual Zoo PAL Night at the Zoo. Donations of $100 or more, $200 or more, and $500 or more also receive the added benefits described in the Donation Structure section below. Click here to take advantage of this offer and enroll online for the Spring Promotion today.
Enroll online today
Select a category below to browse through photos and pick your Zoo PAL animal. Our online enrollment process allows a variety of donation amounts to suit every budget. Note: Please allow 2 weeks for processing online orders:
Enroll by mail or phone
• Click here to download an enrollment form you can fill out and mail to us with the donation amount of your choice.
• You can also enroll by phone at 419.385.5721, ext. 2068, or pick up a Zoo PAL brochure in the Visitor Services lobby, at the Membership Sales window (Anthony Wayne Trail entry plaza), or in the Administrative Offices in the Museum of Science.
Premiums and recognition for Zoo PAL sponsors
Premiums are the thank-you gifts we send to you. They include items such as a Zoo PAL certificate (certificates include a photo of your Zoo PAL animal), pin, decal or plush animal. If you prefer, you can decline the premiums and allocate all funds to your designated animal.
• The minimum donation amount is $20
• All sponsors are acknowledged on the Zoo PAL recognition board located in the Zoo’s main plaza, near Cheetah Valley.
• All sponsors are invited to visit their animal at a special Zoo PAL Night at the Zoo held on May 17, 2013
• Sponsors who donate $100 or more are also invited to our annual Zoo Donor Breakfast on June 22, 2013.
• Sponsors who donate $200 or more have their names listed on a special plaque at their animal’s exhibit for one year and and are invited to our annual Lights Before Christmas Donor Party on November 25, 2013.
• Donors contributing $500 or more are also invited to attend their choice of Zoo Donor Tours. Click here to learn more about Zoo Donor Tours where you can encounter Zoo animals up close, visit behind-the-scenes locations, and meet Zoo staff members!
The Zoo PAL program is generously sponsored by:
The Toledo Zoo is recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau