Guest Policies and information:
• The Toledo Zoo is a smoke-free facility. This includes any electronic cigarettes. Desginated smoking areas are located just outside the entry gates. Please make sure you get a hand-stamp for easy re-entry.
• Please do not feed animals.
• Solicitation for any purpose is not permitted.
• All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an individual who is at least 16 years old.
• Pets are not allowed on Zoo grounds (assistance dogs are permitted for guests with physical challenges).
• Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on Zoo grounds.
• Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times.
• Clothing with profanity, obscenities or any other offensive material deemed inappropriate for the Zoo’s family setting is prohibited.
• Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without the prior consent of the Zoo’s Marketing & PR Department.
• While on Zoo grounds you may be photographed or filmed as part of our publicity efforts.
• The Toledo Zoo is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Rain checks or refunds will not be issued.
• Please do not climb on barriers or walls.
• For assistance with first aid, proceed to the Bear Essentials shop on the north side, or the Museum of Science Administration Office on the historic south side.
• Lost children found by Zoo staff will be taken to the Museum of Science Administration Office (south side).
• Lost & Found is located in the Visitor Services Center on the north side in the main entry complex.
• Ohio Relay Service is available for the hearing impaired in the Museum of Science Administration Office.
• In the event of severe weather, it is recommended that guests seek shelter in the closest building, away from windows and doors. Zoo staff and security will also assist in guiding guests to safety until conditions have improved.
• Visitors are allowed to bring their own food and beverages, as long as all other related Zoo policies are observed (example: drinking straws are prohibited, as stated below).
Our Formal Gardens, when open, offer (outdoor) secluded areas where mothers can nurse. Inside, our award-winning children’s zoo, Nature’s Neighborhood, is available. Mothers are also welcome to inquire about private conference rooms or offices in our Visitor Services building near the main entrance or our Administrative Office in the Museum of Science near Cheetah Valley.
Prohibited on Zoo grounds:
• Smoking (includes cigarettes, any electronic cigarettes, cigars, and pipes)
• Glass containers
• Grills or hibachis
• Laser pointers
• Drinking straws
• Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters
• Roller skates, roller skate shoes
• Strollers with pedals
• Radios or CD players
• The Toledo Zoo will only accept checks from Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana
• Checks will not be accepted without a valid driver’s license, state ID, or passport
• Checks will not be accepted for food purchases, parking or rides
• Returned checks will be assessed a $30 service charge