Discounts for seniors in September and October
Senior Discovery Days
On weekdays through September and October, seniors ages 60+ will receive the following benefits:
• FREE parking in the Anthony Wayne Trail lot
• FREE small fresh-brewed coffee and a mini-muffin at the Timberline Bakery between 10am and 2pm;
• $5 off Toledo Zoo memberships
• A special senior-only 20% discount on items purchased in the North Star Trading Post® gift shop.
• Seniors also receive FREE admission on Tuesdays. It’s a great way to reconnect with your Toledo Zoo!
• Caregivers who are directly responsible for assisting seniors during Senior Discovery Days and Senior Safari are eligible for free Zoo admission. Please pre-register with the Zoo’s Visitor Services Department by calling (419) 389-6561 before your visit. Please note: This offer only applies to professional caregivers. Regular admission rates will apply for volunteers and relatives of visiting seniors.
Special activities take place each Tuesday. Ranging from guided tours of the Toledo Zoo’s historic buildings, to musical entertainment and games, Senior Discovery Days also provides senior citizens with an opportunity to stroll the beautiful grounds and see the many fantastic animals at a leisurely pace.
Fall 2014 schedule of activities for seniors
Join us for guided tour of the historic Museum of Science and Amphitheatre, two of the Zoo’s five WPA-era buildings. These two historic buildings are sure to bring back a lot of memories. Meet in the Main Plaza at 11 a.m.
Win great “ZOO-venirs” as we present bingo with a Zoo twist! African Lodge, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Sept. 16: Senior Safari
The Toledo Zoo and Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio offer a fun day focused on seniors, including health screens, exercise, safety tips and Zoo exploration! Lunch will be provided in the Nairobi Pavilion; purchase your tickets in advance by calling the Area Office on Aging at 419.382.0624.
The Zoo’s historic Reptile House is the next stop on our guided WPA tour. Learn about the history of the building while getting a close-up view of the Zoo’s reptile collection. Meet in the Reptile House entrance at 11 a.m.
Take a guided tour through the Zoo’s beautiful butterfly, rose, vegetable, herb and formal perennial gardens. One of our Master Gardeners explains how to prepare your garden for winter and next spring, too. Meet at the Conservatory at 11 a.m.
Check out the big band sounds of Jeff McDonald’s Swingmania Orchestra from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Nairobi Pavilion!
Another chance to win great “ZOO-venirs” as we present bingo with a Zoo twist! African Lodge from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Join us for a guided tour of the award-winning Aviary, renovated back in 1998. Its three walk-through habitats — the African Grasslands, Madagascar Desert and Australian Outback — are an experience all their own. Meet at Aviary entrance at 11 a.m.
You’ve probably heard that the Aquarium is reopening in March, 2015, after extensive renovations. Get a sneak preview of the new Aquarium and learn about the building’s rich WPA heritage, too. Meet in the Museum’s Indoor Theatre at 11 a.m. Don’t miss the Science of Animals & Flight show that follows in the Indoor Theatre!
Wheelchairs & Motorized Scooter Rentals
Wheel chairs and scooters can be rented at either the main entrance from Anthony Wayne Trail, or from the Broadway entrance.
In addition to the rental fee of $12.00, an ID will be held until the wheelchair is returned.
There is a limited number of scooters available and they are rented on a first come first serve basis. In addition to the rental fee of $25 for seniors, an ID will be held until the scooter is returned.