- Become a Member
Learn more about future plans and how you can help
The future looks bright!
The Zoo’s 10-year capital improvement plan is designed to create a participatory year-round experience for guests and a destination to attract out-of-town visitors.
The key projects:
All plans are subject to change
• Building an interactive, year-round river exhibit providing new homes for the Zoo’s hippos and bringing new animals, such as Kodiak bears and Giant river otters to the Zoo.
• Renovation of the iconic Zoo tunnel under the Anthony Wayne Trail.
• Providing a larger & more exciting new exhibit for the Zoo’s tigers—including a new café—from which visitors will have the opportunity to view the cats up close.
• Redevelopment of the historic Museum of Science, reestablishing it as a fun, participatory learning experience.
• Completion of major repairs, maintenance and infrastructure improvements to keep the 100+ year-old Zoo relevant today and in the future.