Medical Mutual Dart Frog Dash
Location: Main Plaza
From: May 21, 2016 at 7:00am to: 11:00am
Details: Don't miss our 5K race/walk and the 1K race for kids 12 and under
5K RACE – 5K WALK – 1K KIDS FUN RUN at the Toledo Zoo
Saturday, May 21, 2016
5K race/walk at 8:30 a.m.
1K kids’ race at 9:45 a.m.
Strollers are welcome in any of the events
Packet Pick-up Sponsor:
All participants must park in the Anthony Wayne Trail parking lot and enter the Zoo through the gates at the main entrance. Participants will then proceed to the Toledo Zoo’s Main Plaza prior to race time. Click here for maps and detailed driving directions to the Zoo.
A majority of the 5K course is plotted on residential streets surrounding the Toledo Zoo. The course for the Kids’ 1K Fun Run is set up entirely inside of Zoo grounds.
Course Map for the 5K race / walk
Course Map for the Kids’ 1K race
• Courses are accurately measured. Mile splits are marked.
• The 5K race timing and scoring will be by disposable timing chips provided by Everal Race Management
• The 5K race course is certified by USTAF
Awards for the 5K run
• Trophy and free Zoo membership to overall top three male/female, overall master (40+) male/female in the 5K.
• Age group awards (at least three deep) male and female 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
• Note: The 5K walk and Kids Run are non-competitive, not timed, and do not include any awards.
1K Kids’ Run
• Participants race in the following age categories: 0-4, 5-8, 9-12
• All participants will receive a finishers’ ribbon
Shirts and refreshments
• All participants preregistered by early registration deadline (May 15) will receive a Toledo Zoo Dart Frog Dash t-shirt
• A limited number of shirts will be available at late registration (May 16 and May 17)
• After both events, snacks, fruit, and water will be provided beyond the finish line in the Main Plaza
• One water station will be provided on the 5K course
Entry Fees and Registration Deadlines
All Zoo members receive $1.00 off the registration fee for each participant registered.
• Preregistered entrants must be postmarked or registered online by Sunday, May 15, 2016: $26.00.
• Late registration; $28.00 (shirt not guaranteed); Online late registration or postmarked no later than noon on Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
• Race day registration: $30.00 (no shirts available).
• Preregistered entrants must be postmarked or registered online by Sunday, May 15, 2016: $11.00 (includes shirt).
• Late registration: $11.00 (shirt not guaranteed); online submission or postmarked no later than noon on Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
• Race day registration: $10.00 (no shirts available)
Non zoo members click here to register online
Register by mail:
• Fees payable to the Toledo Zoo. If not registering online, mail payment and a signed registration form to: Toledo Zoo P.O. Box 140130, Toledo, OH 43614. Click here to download the printable form to fill out and send to the Zoo
Packet pick up
• Participants registered by May 17 at noon are provided advance packet pick up at Dave’s Running Shop in Starlite Plaza, 5700 Monroe Street, Sylvania, OH on Wednesday May 18 and Thursday May 19 from 3-8 p.m. ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS. While you are at packet pickup, be sure to check out Dave’s Running Shop.
• Participants can also pick up race packets on the day of the event starting at 7am in the Zoo’s Main Plaza. Please note: If you prefer to pick up your packet at the zoo on race day it is highly recommended that you arrive as early as possible.