The race starts on Broadway near the Broadway gate, facing south toward Maumee. Race / walk starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Go south on Broadway, around the Glendale/Harvard traffic circle onto River Road.
- Turn right on Marengo St, then right on Island Ave.
- Turn right on to Westmeyer St, then left at River Road, heading back toward the Zoo.
- Turn left on to University, then right on to Darmouth Dr.
- Follow the path into the Zoo.
- Follow the path past Carnivore Café and through Main Plaza.
- Turn right before the ProMedica Museum of Natural History, taking the ramp down into the Amphitheatre.
- Proceed through the Broadway Pavilion area, then straight down the behind-the-scenes service drive behind the elephant exhibit.
- Turn left after the elephant building, and follow the path through Tembo Trail, heading toward the finish line near the hippo head sculpture.
The finish line is located in front of the hippo head sculpture (near snow leopard exhibit).
* Runners need to note that there will be a sharp turn when exiting the elephant overlook in Tembo Trail – use caution.