Night in the Museum
We are not makers of history, we are made by history. – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Join us as we take a step back in time and open our exhibit vaults to reveal the history of the Toledo Zoo at Night in the Museum on Friday, October 7 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
This exciting after-hours event allows guests behind-the-scenes access to the Aviary, Carnivore Café and Museum of Science, some of our most historic buildings and the exclusive opportunity to view relics from exhibits gone by. Curators and keepers will be on hand to answer questions and relay their years of knowledge and experience. There will even be artifacts and live animal encounters!
The evening includes:
- Bird meet and greets, including one of our African penguins.
- Tour the kitchen facility to learn about different bird diets at 6:45, 7:15, and 7:45 p.m.
- View photos of the Aviary through the years!
- Penguin meet and greet available from 6:30 until 7:00 p.m.
- Visit the Black Swamp Bird Observatory station to learn more about their mission, research, and outreach. To learn more about BSBO vist www.BSBO.org.
- Did you know the Café housed the first veterinary facility at the Zoo? Enjoy looking at and learning about vintage veterinary tools while interacting with our current vet staff!
- Meet animal care staff who worked in the building when it housed big cats and other species! Learn the long and diverse history of this building and hear the stories of their unbelievable experiences!
- Visit the Commissary display to learn what goes into feeding all of our animal residents!
- Do all this while feasting on gourmet Zoo foods, including pizzas and hot dog and french fry bars with gourmet toppings!
- Panel discussion on the café history will be held at 7:00 pm.
Museum of Science
- Get up close and personal with some of our Ambassador Animals!
- Learn first-hand about Wild Toledo’s local conservation initiatives including native prairies and butterfly conservation.
- Enjoy all that and more while swaying to the soothing sounds of the Reedify Trio and devouring delicious desserts.
- View dozens of artifacts pulled from our archives. All artifacts will be displayed in beautifully crafted vintage display cases throughout the Museum. These pieces have not been on display to the general public in decades, if at all!
- Architectural history tours of the Museum and Indoor Theater available at 7:30, 8:00 and 8:30 p.m.
Zoo members 18 years+
$65 per person
Zoo members ages 10-17
$20 per person
Non-members 18 years+
$75 per person
Non-members ages 10-17
$25 per person
Zoo members Family Four Pack
$145 admission for 2 adults/ 2 children (ages 10-17)
Non-members Family Four Pack
$175 admission for 2 adults/ 2 children (ages 10-17)
Night in the Museum is recommended for ages 10 and up!
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
To purchase tickets, please click below or call 419-385-5721, ext. 2091
Parking and entry available at the Broadway gate.