- Become a Member
Homeschool Open House for Families
Wednesday, September 16 is our 5th annual Homeschool Open House.
This program is an opportunity for homeschool families to explore the Zoo and enjoy special programs, tours, and activities just for homeschoolers. You will get a chance to preview lessons in our Care and Conservation of Animals Series for 2015-2016 while meeting live animals up close. Activities run from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and our held in an open house format.
The cost per family is only $5 to participate in the Homeschool Activities (Standard Admission and Parking still applies)
Please note that registration in the year long program covers this fee.
2015-2016 Homeschool Series Program
Learn all about the care of animals and zoo conservation this year with the Toledo Zoo’s Homeschool program. This three-season program, starting in September and running through mid-May, talk about how the zoo cares for its many animals, practices conservation, and how you can practice help animals. It’s a fun way to explore animals and careers, experience live animals up close, express current information and engage students in group activities.
Open House: Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Year-End Project Fair: Thursday May 12, 2016 & Friday, May 13, 2016
Classes run October through April: Choose a day of the week to attend for each month of the series
Wednesday: 10/14, 11/18, 12/16, 1/13, 2/17, 3/16, 4/14
Thursday: 10/15, 11/19, 12/17, 1/14, 2/18, 3/17, 4/14
Friday: 10/16, 11/20, 12/18, 1/15, 2/19, 3/18, 4/15
Four age groups offered: 5-6 year olds, 7-8 year olds, 9-11 year olds, 12-15 year olds
Wednesday: 10:45-12:00 1:00-2:15 - Closed
Thursday: 10:45-12:00 - Closed
Friday: 10:45-12:00 - Closed 1:00-2:15 - Closed
This program is booked for the year and includes the September Open House, the monthly classes from October-April, and the May Project Fair. We are not offering single class packages at this time.
Program Fee: $80 per child
Program fees do not include admission to the Toledo Zoo, which must be paid separately at the Zoo’s main entrance.
Sessions registration is now closed. Please contact us if you would like to be placed on the waiting list.:
Care and Conservation of Wolves, Dogs, and Dingos
Care and Conservation of Reptiles and Amphibians
Care and Conservation of Fish and Marine Animals
Care and Conservation of Bears and Cats
Care and Conservation of Primates
Care and Conservation of Birds
Care and Conservation of Hippos, Rhinos, and Elephants
• A minimum of 8 students for each class is required. The Toledo Zoo reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. We will contact you one week prior to class if it is cancelled.
• The Toledo Zoo reserves the right to cancel class because of low enrollment. Refunds will be issued only in emergencies and only if notification is given before the class has been held.
• Class size is limited to 15 students, and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Classes begin promptly at scheduled times. Please respect this as it is extremely difficult to locate your child’s class on grounds or on a tour once the class has begun. Please make sure you leave enough time to travel to the Zoo and walk to your classroom. There will be no late admittance.
• Registration is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
For questions, call Peggy Coutcher at 419.385.5721, ext 2042