Starting July 12, the Toledo Zoo is transitioning to a cashless payment system, offering visitors the convenience and security of digital transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use our new kiosks, which convert your cash to a prepaid card! The card is free and there are no fees to use the card in or outside of the Zoo.
With so much adventure to experience at the Zoo, we want our visitors to focus on fun. Cashless payments throughout the Zoo will offer a simpler way to pay. Just swipe or tap your credit card, debit card or smart device with Apple Pay or Google Pay at checkout.
- It saves money! For both the Zoo and visitors.
- It’s safer! Transactions are always secure.
- It’s faster! Contact-less transactions can help speed up checkout time.
- Insert as little as $1 or as much as $100 bills ($500 maximum can be loaded on a single card)
- Machine will confirm amount to be loaded on the card
- VISA prepaid card will be dispensed from the machine
- Card is ready to use!
Anthony Wayne Trail Entry Plaza, Africa! (near carousel), across from Beastro and Broadway entrance
VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit cards and most debit cards are accepted for payment. We also accept Apple Pay and Google Pay.
No, not at the time of activation. After 92 consecutive days of non-use, a $3.95 fee per month will be applied to the remaining balance on the card each month.
Yes! The card can be used anywhere outside of the Toledo Zoo.
No, cards cannot be reloaded from the kiosks, however, card balance can be checked.
Yes, January 2026.
Instructions can be found on the back of the card.