ANIMAL ADOPTION PROGRAM
BECOME A ZOO PAL SPONSOR!
Check out our Zoo PAL promotion packages below or choose your own animal! Anyone can individually sponsor an animal, or you may be part of a business, scout troop, school class or civic organization that develops that parental bond with an animal you choose. We have several donation levels and benefits options for you to choose from (See the ‘Donation Structure’ section below).
Famed Australian nature expert, Steve “The Crocodile Hunter” Irwin, once said: “Where I live, if someone gives you a hug, it’s from the heart.”
We’re sure he knew that Down Under’s favorite tree-hugger certainly koala-fied!
Your charitable gift will keep on giving throughout the year, too, as your recipient can keep up on the progress of their new friend via email updates, Zoo visits, and Zoo Friends Night! Your one-of-a-kind gift also helps in the care and feeding of these animals. Gifts starting at $45 receive a koala Zoo PAL certificate, decal, and plush koala. Donations of $100 or more, $200 or more, and $500 or more also receive the added benefits described in the Donation Structure section below.
IMPORTANT TIP FOR ONLINE ZOO PAL ENROLLMENTS:
Please select a category below to browse through photos to help you choose the Zoo PAL animal that you would like to sponsor. We recommend that when you see the animal you want to sponsor, copy its name so you can paste it in our store when you are asked for the animal’s name. If you have any problems during the process, please contact the Zoo at 419.385.5721, ext. 2068.
View animal lists and enroll online
Search for your animal using the orange buttons below then click on the ‘Purchase Zoo PAL’ link below to place your order online.
Enroll by mail or phone
• Click here to download an enrollment form you can fill out and mail to us with the donation amount of your choice.
• You can also enroll by phone at 419.385.5721, ext. 2068, or pick up a Zoo PAL brochure in the Visitor Services lobby, at the Membership Sales window (Anthony Wayne Trail entry plaza), or in the Administrative Offices in the Museum of Science.
Zoo PAL Donation Structure
Premiums and recognition for Zoo PAL sponsors
Premiums are the thank-you gifts we send to you. They include items such as a Zoo PAL certificate (certificates include a photo of your Zoo PAL animal), decal or plush animal. If you prefer, you can decline the premiums and allocate all funds to your designated animal.
• The minimum donation amount is $20
• All sponsors are acknowledged on the Zoo PAL recognition board located in the Zoo’s main plaza, near Cheetah Valley.
• All sponsors are invited to visit their animal at a special Zoo Friends’ Night. Click here to see the fun!
• Sponsors who donate $100 or more are also invited to our annual Zoo Donor Breakfast.
• Sponsors who donate $200 or more have their names listed on a special plaque at their animal’s exhibit for one year and and are invited to our annual Lights Before Christmas Donor Party
• Donors contributing $500 or more are also invited to attend their choice of Zoo Donor Tours. Click here to learn more about Zoo Donor Tours where you can encounter Zoo animals up close, visit behind-the-scenes locations, and meet Zoo staff members!
Why I am a Zoo PAL
Watch the testimonial videos below to learn how you can make a difference through your Zoo PAL adoption.
The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium has earned the highest rating possible, four stars, from Charity Navigator. This is in recognition of our commitment to sound
The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium is recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau