Donate to the Must Do Zoo
Click the icons to learn more!
The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium has earned the highest rating possible, four stars, from Charity Navigator.
The Toledo Zoo & Aquarium is recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau.
Donate to Conservation
Why donate to conservation?
Together with partners across the globe, your Zoo is working tirelessly to safeguard a future for all endangered species. With your help, we are making a real difference for these animals, which in turn helps create a healthy web of life for all species, including humans. Your 100% tax deductible donation literally ensures future generations get to know, appreciate and love many species that could otherwise disappear from this earth!
Online contributions can be made from $1 to $1,000.
- Recognition in the Zoo’s annual report
- Listing on the Conservation Today recognition board in the Zoo’s entry complex
- Special invitation to the annual Zoo Donor’s Breakfast on July 14, 2018
Donors contributing $500 or more are also able to participate in an exclusive Zoo Donor Tour. Click here to learn more about Zoo Donor Tours where you can encounter Zoo animals up close, visit behind-the-scenes locations and meet Zoo staff members.
Adopt an Animal Through Zoo Pal
Anyone can sponsor an animal - individuals or groups. We have several donation levels and benefit options for you to choose from.
Be an animal parent without all the work!
Zoo PAL sponsorships are the public’s best way to take part in our animal care as donations go directly to the diet, enrichment and health of your chosen animal.
Benefits of a Zoo PAL sponsorship include:
- Certificate of sponsorship with photo of animal
- Zoo PAL window decal
- Name listed on Zoo PAL board for one year
- Invitation to annual Zoo Friends’ Night
- The minimum donation amount is $20
- Sponsors who donate $100 or more are also invited to our annual Zoo Donor Breakfast
- Sponsors who donate $200 or more have their names listed on a special plaque at their animal’s exhibit for one year and and are invited to our annual Lights Before Christmas Donor Party
- Donors contributing $500 or more are also invited to attend their choice of Zoo Donor Tours. Click here to learn more about Zoo Donor Tours where you can encounter Zoo animals up close, visit behind-the-scenes locations and meet Zoo staff members!
Help Your Zoo with Capital Campaigns
With the help of Lucas County voters and community support, the Zoo has grown over the course of 100+ years from a community park to the #1 zoo in the nation in 2014 and Best Zoo Lights in 2016 & 2017!
Envision Extraordinary Capital Campaign
The Zoo strives to continue growing, contributing to our community and making a difference for animals across the world, but we can’t do it without you! Please support the Zoo’s current Envision Extraordinary Capital Campaign to continue renovations on our WPA-era structures, construct new exhibits and experiences and cement our status as as a world-class animal care and conservation organization.
Examples of past capital campaigns can be seen in the renovated Aquarium, Tembo Trail and Nature’s Neighborhood. Your donation to the Envision Extraordinary Capital Campaign will assist in the redevelopment of the beloved entry tunnel, the reestablishment of the Museum of Science as a natural history museum and new year-round habitats for some of our resident animals.
Questions? Please contact the Zoo’s development department at 419-385-5721, ext 2074.
Enroll in Companies for Kids
Companies for Kids provides free admission passes to the Toledo Zoo through the Disadvantaged Children’s Fund. This enables underprivileged, at-risk and disabled youth, who might not otherwise have the opportunity to visit the Toledo Zoo. Zoo passes prominently display the donating company’s name on each ticket. Beneﬁting students are requested to send thank you letters to contacts at each donating company for their generosity.
All Companies for Kids members receive:
- Public acknowledgement in a local newspaper.
- Recognition on the Companies for Kids donor board located in the entry plaza of the Zoo.
- Recognition in the Zoo’s quarterly Safari Magazine.
- A number of free admission passes to the Zoo. Members may designate all of the passes for the Disadvantages Children’s Fund or retain half for the use of their employees or clients.
Gifts to the Zoo's endowment and planned giving are convenient ways to help ensure that your Toledo Zoo will continue to delight and educate visitors for generations to come.
Gifts to the Endowment:
There are many ways to help ensure a longlasting future for the Toledo Zoo. Gifts to the Zoo could be in the form of charitable trusts, annuities, bequests, insurance policy beneﬁciaries or other ﬁnancial or tangible means.
By listing the Zoo in your estate planning, you become eligible for membership in the prestigious Silverback Society. Just as the bold silverback gorilla defends and provides for his family, you can help to preserve and protect one of our community’s most important family institutions.
If you would like more information about the Toledo Zoological Society Foundation, planned giving, or the Silverback Society, please contact the Toledo Zoo’s Development Office at 419-385-5721 ext. 2074
Preserve your Memories
Read on for how you can leave a lasting legacy in the form of a landmark at the number one zoo in the nation!
Gifts in tribute are a source of support for the Toledo Zoo and a meaningful way to honor a special occasion or the memory of a friend or family member.
To learn more about these and other unique landmark opportunities at the Toledo Zoo, please contact the Zoo’s Development Department at 419-385-5721 ext. 2074