Exhibit Guide Program:
The Exhibit Guide program supports the Zoo's educational and interpretive needs in specific areas within the Zoo. Exhibit Guides select one area to focus. Options include Africa, Aquarium, Arctic Encounter, Aviary, Carnivores, Museum of Natural History, Primates, Reptiles, and Tembo Trail. Exhibit Guides volunteer for a 4 month period of time and perform a variety of functions, including, but not limited to:
- Engage visitors in conversations about our animals and conservation
- Answer visitor questions about the animals, programs and facilities
- Utilize animal artifacts in related areas to enhance visitor experiences
- Provide support to our visitors throughout the Zoo including answering questions, providing directions to exhibits and facilities, and contacting Zoo Staff when needed.
- Aquarium Exhibit Guides will also provide support for the Ocean Lab and Shark/Ray Touch Tank. Support includes educating visitors about the animals, answer questions and maintain a safe and positive environment for both animals and visitors
Exhibit Guides will receive an orientation covering the Zoo Volunteer Handbook. In addition, Exhibit Guides will attend a comprehensive training program identifying the major topics of importance related to the targeted exhibits, as well as a walk-through of those areas. Finally, Exhibit Guides will receive basic training on interpretive programming and informal public interaction.
- Complete the required training program
- Give at least forty (40) hours of service, including the training process, within a consecutive 4 month period
- Schedule volunteer time in advance
- Inform the Volunteer Department if you cannot make a scheduled shift
Click here to download application.
Please email filled-in application to email@example.com.