Once Upon a Zoo
Homeschool Program 2021-2022
In this year’s “Once Upon a Zoo” Toledo Zoo homeschool program, we will explore animals from myths, stories, and art. We will learn the science behind some of the world’s most captivating creatures and grow our skills in reading, writing, and creativity.
This three-season program starts in October and runs through mid-May 2022. Each month will focus on a new age-appropriate myth or story and the animals found in the story. Toledo Zoo’s homeschool program is a fun way to learn life science through group activities, live animals and Zoo visits! Program participants will be divided by age.
This year-long program includes monthly classes from October-April and the May Project Fair. Single class packages not available.
- Class size limited to 15 students and registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. A minimum of 8 students for each class is required. The Zoo will contact students one week prior to class if it is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- Classes are for ages 5-15.
- Refunds may be issued only in emergencies and if notification is given before the class has been held.
- Classes begin promptly at scheduled times. Please plan accordingly, as there will be no late admittance.
- Registration is required. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Program fees do not include admission to the Toledo Zoo.
- The Zoo will follow the guidance of the CDC and area school districts for masking during programs. Currently, masks are required.
Program Fee: $90 per child for members; $120 per child for non-members
For questions, call the Education Department at 419-385-5721 ext. 2049