to join us in caring for animals and
conserving the natural world
Experience the Must Do Zoo
The Toledo Zoo is kicking off an exciting Community Preschool Program the fall of 2018 that will be based in the new Carson Family Education center adjacent to the main Entry Plaza to the Zoo. The Zoo is forming partnerships with various preschool providers in the area interested in engaging their children in age appropriate STEM activities that focus on conservation, habitats, animals and animal care. Best of all – the program is FREE and preschools can come as often as they want.
This unique, FREE preschool program is a GREAT opportunity for preschool children to develop science process skills and cultivate self-confidence through animal observation, play, outdoor exploration and discovery at the Toledo Zoo!
- This program is free to ALL preschool programs.
- Classes are 90 minutes, morning or afternoon, with longer or shorter sessions available upon request.
- A new animal or habitat focused theme is explored each month, providing a unique experience to encourage monthly visits.
- Each class features a live animal encounter. Zoo exhibit visit and age appropriate fun activities.
- Participating preschools will receive a pre and post visit activity packet.